1. Most all Egyptians wore _______________ on their feet.
2. The Great Pyramid is made of _______________ individual stone blocks.
3. Who played The Mummy in the 1932 horror classic?
4. The homes of the ancient Egyptians were made of _______________.
5. Isis was the goddess of _______________.
mothers, health and healing
war, cosmetics and truth
6. The Egyptians believed that the king's _______________ continued to guide affairs of the kingdom after death.
7. _______________ were in charge of the temples.
8. The ancient career of the Vizier is today's _______________.
Cabinet or Consultants
9. _______________ was used to keep hair from turning gray.
Black bull's blood
Nectar of the gods
10. Ancient Egypt was a narrow strip of land along the _______________.
The Dead Sea
11. The Scarab is the symbol of _______________.
12. Papyrus is a tall, grasslike water plant of North Africa. What was its use?
It was used as a pacifier for babies and the sick.
It was dried and used as writing paper.
It was used as a fly swatter.
13. The 1980's song Walk Like an Egyptian was a number one hit for _______________.
The Go Gos
14. Cairo is among the most densely populated regions in the world. There are about _______________ people per square mile.
15. The ancient Egyptians made the game of catch more difficult by _______________.
covering the ball with scented ointments
riding piggy-back on their partners
riding on camels
16. Each Egyptian home was equipped with at least one _______________.
photograph of the reigning pharaoh
17. What was a common use of henna?
to polish gem stones
to make bread
to color fingernails yellow and orange
18. The Egyptians developed a calendar that consisted of 365 1/4 days, which was divided into three seasons:
Spring, Summer and Fall
Harvest, Embalm, Sun
Flood, Seed-time and Harvest
19. It was through the practice of _______________ that doctors learned about the anatomy of the human body.
20.The only sweetener the Egyptian people had was _______________.